Electronique radioamateur Electronique radioamateur
Forum dédié à l'électronique radioamateur, les antennes, les composants et le matériel radio

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Les 5 derniers sujets :
Sujets similaires :
Annonces radioamateurs :

Is there a problem with the defensive line depth?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum Electronique radioamateur -> Composants électroniques

Auteur Message
liny195

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 20, 2018 8:37 am    Sujet du message: Is there a problem with the defensive line depth? Répondre en citant

With the news that defensive tackle Mitch Unrein is headed to IR Cheap Vita Vea Jersey , Bucs Nation’s Alex Salvarezza and Jon Marchant discusse the state of the Bucs’ defensive line depth.Alex: Unrein move hurts, but I don’t think he was going to play all that much to be honest with you. The big news today will be whether or not Vea is practicing. (He didn’t and coach Koetter didn’t sound to confident on his week one status).Jon: It hurts a lot to not have Vea or Unrein. That’s two bodies you can’t rotate. That puts a ton of stress on the other players, especially over the course of the season.Alex: I’m saying, if Vea is fine week 1, you still have 4 DTs to rotate. Plus, let’s be honest, McCoy isn’t coming off the field anyway.Jon: Right, but they now need him to be ready to go and contribute. That’s asking a lot. In the past I wanna say McCoy has played like 75-80% of snaps, everyone else about 50%. My point is having your top guys play more snaps sucks. It adds up over the season. One reason for Eagles success was their DL rotation was deep.Alex: Don’t forget they signed Jerel Worthy who wound up making the squad. That’s another body to have.Jon: TrueAlex: For sure, that was the Eagles strength Cheap Gerald McCoy Jersey , but in my opinion, Unrein was going to be the fourth defensive tackle. They will miss him, but I think Worthy and even Gholston can be suitable replacements for eight games. Jon: My thing with Vea is I think he was gonna struggle a lot. Adjusting to NFL life, the Florida humidity, and NFL-level offensive line play. All at 340 pounds. They need those extra bodies to rotate. So either top guys play too much or you end up having to ask Vea to play more than he’s ready to play. Alex: For sure, it’ll probably take Vea at least a few weeks to even get up to speed. (That’s why signing McDonald) would be a wise move. At least McDonald has been playing all camp longJon: Yeah I liked McDonald. Vea’s injury really delays his learning curve. I wonder how many meaningful snaps he can contribute this year. And as we talk about this, the Bucs claimed Carl Nassib off waivers. That helps. Bucs see the same issues we are. Alex: Yes, Nassib is definitely a upgrade over Clarke. The team needs Vea back ASAP though. Can’t afford him to miss more then a game or two.Tempering expectations for Vita Vea The Buccaneers have been without 2018 first round pick Vita Vea for the entire preseason. He went down with a calf injury early in training camp and has been out ever since. He appears to be on his way back, but once he does return, what can the team really expect from him?It’s obviously never ideal for a rookie to miss his first training camp. There are so many valuable reps to be had throughout the month of August Buccaneers Chandler Catanzaro Jersey , especially for a rookie that still has some developing to do. NFL.com’s draft profile noted that Vea “lacks feel for double teams and blocking schemes” and is “too quick to default to brute force over technique.” Those are the types of things that coaches and veteran teammates could have worked on with Vea during training camp. There isn’t much time in game week practices that will be devoted to development. So what does that mean for the rookie? With that time gone, it’ll be tough for him to burst onto the scene quickly in 2018.Even before the injury, there didn’t seem to be any type of grand expectations for the Washington product. The thought seemed to be that he would rotate in with veterans Beau Allen and Mitch Unrein, easing his way into the NFL game. He was expected to get time on run-stopping downs, while developing and working his way into pass-rushing situations. But now? All of that is still the case, but probably even more so. Vea has to catch up, which means the Bucs and their fans will have to be patient.After last Sunday’s practice, head coach Dirk Koetter seemed both frustrated and encouraged with Vea’s situation. In one breath, he said: There’s some frustration there. Not having your No. 12 overall pick at practice for a month isn’t ideal. But even still, Koetter seems to think that Vea Cheap Mike Evans Jersey , being a defensive tackle, will be in a better position to step in and contribute once he’s healthy:It seems plausible that a defensive tackle will have an easier time picking things up than one of those other positions. Vea will show flashes, likely more in run-stopping situations early on, but patience will be the key. Fans can’t expect a ton from him this year. It’s more than likely going to be frustrating at times, especially when guys like Derwin James and perhaps Minkah Fitzpatrick are having early success. But careers in this league are far more of a marathon than they are a sprint. Vea might not be a world-beater in year one, but all hope isn’t lost because of that. Just try to have patience.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum Electronique radioamateur -> Composants électroniques
Page 1 sur 1